Monday 18 January 2010

Sorry Jennifer

Phone rings and its one of those private numbers. It is after core working hours so I knew it wouldn't be business related.

Answer it to be met with an automated voice asking if I have problems with debt and credit cards. If so to stay on the line and press 5.

Well after the earlier performance with Daddi Bear I wanted to know if there was anyone else human on the planet. Plus my number is registered with the TPS so I shouldn't in theory receive these sort of calls.

So of course I pressed 5. Where a woman named Jennifer answered and asked me if I had problems with debt and credit cards.

Let the fun begin.

So I did the normal call centre banter. Hi Jennifer, are you alright, have you had a good day?

Well that took the wind out of her sails. It certainly didn't appear in her script.

She launched straight into her spiel about debt and credit cards. So I reminded her that I'd asked if she'd had a good day. She quickly muttered something and went back into her spiel. So I asked her if she had debt and credit cards.

I think I hit a raw spot - she hung up on me!

At least it will run their phone bill up from the UAE where they are calling from!

No comments:

Post a Comment